Best practices: Adding Persistent Handle support

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Mon Jun 5 15:23:10 UTC 2017

Tom,

I really do appreciate the clarity of your explanation, and (knowing a
little something about the architecture of Windows) it makes sense to me.

My question, mostly to other Samba developers, is more of a practical issue.
 From Samba's perspective, given the architecture of Samba, if there are no
shares offering CA support, should we turn on
SMB2_GLOBAL_CAP_PERSISTENT_HANDLES server-wide or leave it off to indicate
that the particular server isn't offering any CA shares?

Chris -)-----