vfs_fruit: Time Machine/FULLSYNC: add mDNS/DNS-SD advertisement

Omri Mor omri50 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 06:00:29 UTC 2017

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 01:31, Ralph Böhme <slow at samba.org> wrote:
>
> +1 from my pov.
>
> Cheerio!
> -slow

Alright, I’ve started work on an initial patch (to Kevin Anderson’s patch).

There was a bit of discussion on GitHub:
Recently (259e170) a fruit:model option was introduced to configure what Samba sends for the AAPL_MODEL_INFO extension.
Apple also uses the _device-info._tcp advertisement for the same purpose.
The main effect of both is what icon is used in Finder, with _device-info._tcp taking priority.
Should I also configure that advertisement? I don’t know if it matters much either way.
Netatalk uses it, but I don’t think it has anything like the AAPL_MODEL_INFO extension.

Omri