ctdb in autobuild broken -- ctdb depends on winbind now????

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Jan 6 06:23:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 07:11:54 +0100, Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 03:32:55PM +1100, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> > [2004(13943)/2028 at 3h21m33s] samba.blackbox.wbinfo(s4member:local)
> > UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.blackbox.wbinfo(s4member:local).wbinfo -u against s4member(s4member:local)
> > REASON: Exception: Exception: Error looking up domain users
> >
> > ... and pushed again...
>
> I'll prepare a revert of all the winbind changes. Can I assume your
> review on the reverts?

No.  I'm just amused by the irony.  I'm trying to push fixes for
flapping tests that people have (rightly) complained about and I can't
get the fixes in due to other flapping tests.

However, I'm also getting increasingly annoyed that nothing can make it
through autobuild because of consistent failures in a small group of
tests.  This isn't just an occasional failure...  :-(

We really need to consider moving stuff that currently fails after > 200
minutes to the beginning of the sequence so it will fail quickly and we
can retry faster.  That's the theory behind building a good Rube
Goldberg machine and retrying until it runs to completion...  ;-)

I have no idea if the tests should be marked as flapping or if anyone
is working on fixing anything (winbind or the tests).  I don't think it
needs a revert in possibly unrelated code.

I'll stop sending grumpy emails and retry until it finally makes it
in.

Sorry...

peace & happiness,
martin