Travis / autobuild.py failures on ldb, tevent, etc

Ian Stakenvicius axs at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 13 17:57:01 UTC 2017

On 30/01/17 02:11 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
> On 30/01/17 01:44 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 10:06 -0500, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
>>>
>>> On a separate note, i'm also seeing the following, which looks to be
>>> an unrelated failure related to the cleanup of the test??
>>
>> I never got it to run that far.  I agree it is odd.  Punt that one back
>> to the list and ask metze.
>
> It's not just my PR that does this, all open PR's from December 2016
> onwards seems to have this issue right now.  Will open a new thread.

I tracked this down to commit 278c92126, which added a bunch of 'stat'
calls on various dirs, including ${testbase}/tmp in cleanup() -- this
was meant to help debug 'flakey' tests where tmp didn't exist, but it
doesn't seem to make much sense to keep debugging code like this in
place when it definitely causes failures for all test runs when
they've overwise completed successfully.

I've got https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/77 which reverts the
one particular stat call which seems to be causing failures on
autobuild.py --tail runs for ldb, talloc, tevent and replace.  Travis
CI runs should be green going foward (assuming checks do in fact pass,
of course)