Request for review of Samba VirusFilter preparation for merging with Samba

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Mon Sep 12 19:16:20 UTC 2016

On 09/12/2016 08:25 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 12:43:46AM -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>> 1) Volker's request for better code reuse as mentioned elsewhere. The
>> poll needs to be done before each write.
> Don't you want an overall timeout per request? Right now if you have
> to poll multiple times every time a new timeout is started.
>
> Volker

If you are meaning every call to a function (or a similar new one) in
sys_rw_data.c, then I think you are correct. I am sorry for not being
clear. I had been considering proposing the change.

If you mean every virus scanning transaction, then no, I think each
subsequent read/write (meaning the call to sys_rw_data.c functions)
should reset the timeout. In part, this is to maximize the time allowed
for scanning (which will show up between one of the writes and one of
the reads).

Thank you,
Trever