[HELP WANTED] Samba DNS Corruption: any examples?

Mike Lykov combr at samges.ru
Tue Nov 1 09:50:17 UTC 2016

01.11.2016 13:16, Andrew Bartlett пишет:

> customer it is probably happening elsewhere.  And in any case, the more
> examples the better with these things.
>
> I'm aware of the ability of TXT records to be miss-parsed (it even got
> as far as a security hole), but if anybody has other records that get
> 'stuck' in our internal or BIND9 DLZ DNS servers, and can share those
> with me (in private is fine), that would be most helpful.

Right now I have a production domain with corrupted dns database (internal)

When I try to delete a record (any) from Win RSAT DNS tool, nothing
happens. When using samba-tool I get:

----------
root at ad51:~# samba-tool dns delete ad51.zone zone record A value -U adm
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'fake_gssapi_krb5' registered
Using binding ncacn_ip_tcp:ad51.zone[,sign]
Password for [domain\user]:
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (1383, 'WERR_INTERNAL_DB_ERROR')
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run
     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py", line
1184, in run
     del_rec_buf)

What it means and how I can to fix it? I can do any searches for your test.
It begins after add a custom zone  with RSAT DNS tool, but I cannot
guarantee because I not to run samba-tool before it.

All records are served successfully, but cannot deleted.

Samba 4.1.9 on debian wheezy.

--
Mike Lykov, system administrator