Patch: 0001-Let-the-socket-wrapper-code-work-with-the-net-ads-dn.patch

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:22:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 7:03 AM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:29 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 05:08:59 PM Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Attached is a git format-patch version of the patch that I have now
>>> verified works with my test case.
>>>
>>> This is a patch against the socket-wrapper repository.
>>>
>>> Next up, the test case.
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> thanks for the patch!
>>
>> I wonder that happens if we use a different address in the sendto() than we
>> specified in the connect()?
>>
>> What does glibc do? Do we get an error? I think we should have a testcase for
>> this ...
>
> Yes, I realized that I need another test case when I was sending in
> the test case patch.
>
> While I think about how to do the DNS back end let me work up that
> test case, since it is easy to do now that I know how ...

Testing suggests that Linux allows you to connect on a UDP socket and
then call sendto and supply a dest address different than the one used
in the connect. I incremented the port number.

However, since nothing in Samba depends on that functionality, I would
suggest not testing for it.

I can think of a test, though ...

--
Regards,