Race condition in tdb_runtime_check_for_robust_mutexes()

Ralph Boehme rb at sernet.de
Wed Mar 23 08:30:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 07:36:53AM +0200, Uri Simchoni wrote:
> OK I've figured out why we want the waitpid() in the signal handler - we
> want to catch the child terminating yet still support SIGCHLD handling of
> the enclosing process.
>
> Hopefully I'll submit a patch shortly.

I just briefly looked over this, so I might be missing something, but
afaict we could block SIGCHLD, getting rid of our own signal handler
and thus getting rid of the race between two calls to waitpid().

-Ralph

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de,mailto:kontakt@sernet.de