A DNS test I want to add soon ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 10 05:14:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 08:01 -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Attached is a blackbox test for DNS.
>
> It has two tests in it that check that we can add a DNS entry and can
> retrieve it .. and two commented out tests ...
>
> Actually, it still needs some work because it needs code to check the
> answer returned ...
>
> I will try to clean it up in the coming weeks and submit it for
> approval. It should use variables in more places and I was planning
> also add an unprivileged account etc.

G'Day Richard,

We are putting in Ralph's patches, the patches to update the NS record,
and we are looking to catch up all the other DNS patches that have not
gone in already.

Can you get us your current patches?

In this patch it looks OK as a first attempt, but it would need to be
tidied up to:
 - use correct name in Usage:
 - remove unused variables
 - spell comments correctly
 - not write to /tmp/$$
 - call net ads dns unregister

And include the patch of net ads dns unregister of course.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba