Usability of 'samba-tool domain provision'

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Jun 2 07:24:22 UTC 2016

On Thursday, 19 May 2016 14:25:21 CEST Rowland Penny wrote:
> OK, I given up with the 'spaghetti knitting' for the moment, the
> spaghetti is winning and I needed a rest, so I had a look at this :-)
>
> I have split the patch into several smaller patches:
>
> The first patch makes the required changes to only provision a DC, this
> is because, as far as I an aware, this is the only thing you can really
> provision.
>
> The second patch makes 'realm' & 'domain' required arguments, they are
> no longer options.
>
> The third patch checks if the NetBIOS domain name is too long and exits
> if it is. This also fixes bug 11925
>
> The fourth patch adds Administrator password checking
>
> The fifth patch adds a couple of extra questions to 'interactive',
> use_xattrs and use_rfc2307
>
> The sixth and final patch adds a few examples to help.

I've reviewed the patches and did some small fixes. I've also fixed selftest
so we can provision an AD DC.

However syntax of 'samba-tool domain provision' changes. I'm not sure if
others are OK with this.

Andrew could you please take a look here:

https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-domain-provision

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org