WIP: Fix replicated rename handling

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 6 05:02:09 UTC 2016

Metze,

I figured you might be interested in some of the other work we have
been doing at Catalyst.

We were asked by a client to fix replication when an object was renamed
between two OUs.

We couldn't reproduce the 'simple' case they had, but we did dive into
our replication code to produce the nastiest possible replication
failures that we could engineer.  This is in repl-rename-fixes branch
at git://git.catalyst.net.nz/samba.git

You may be interested in what we were able to make fail, and our
attempts to fix it.  We expect to fix these issues, and perhaps some of
the others around deleted objects that have bothered us for too long in
the next little while.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba