Problems using net ads dns register against a Samba AD DC ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:50:23 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I have set up a Samba AD DC using samba-tool domain provision
--use-rfc2307 --interactive and am using a build from master from a
week ago.

I seem to be able to authenticate using kinit:

   [root at localhost samba]# kinit administrator at RJSDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
   Password for administrator at RJSDOM.EXAMPLE.COM:
   Warning: Your password will expire in 41 days on Sun Jun  5 22:28:12 2016

However, if I try to use net ads dns register, I get this:

   [root at localhost samba]# net ads dns register
xxxyyy at rjsdom.example.com 10.1.44.1 -Uadministrator%Password1
   kerberos_kinit_password RJSDOM at RJSDOM.EXAMPLE.COM failed: Client
not found in Kerberos database

What have I done wrong here?

--
Regards,