Reg:SMB1.0 disabled in 2012

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 28 12:14:02 MDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 14:51 +0530, VigneshDhanraj G wrote:
> Please find below smb.conf

> security= ADS

Thanks.  It wasn't clear if you were an AD client or server.  You have a
domain member server in an AD domain running Windows 2012 on the DC.

>         > I found windows 2012 R2 server not supporting SMB1.0 Then
>         why it is
>         > necessary to be enabled. I am using samba 4.0.25.

You will need to either upgrade to Samba 4.2 or set 'client max protocol
= smb2'.  I recommend the upgrade, as our SMB2 RPC client and the
handling require in winbindd is more mature in more recent versions.

In all versions SMB2 is disabled in the client by default, but in 4.2 we
make an exception for winbindd, which runs up to SMB2 by default.

Thanks,