Why does registry_init_smbconf call registry_init_common instead of registry_init_full?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:52:56 MST 2015

Hi folks,

I have started looking at the changes required to support Zookeeper as
a registry backend.

I have come up with an approach that uses a couple of smb.conf
parameters, only one of which is relevant here:

   registry backend replace = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Samba\smbconf=zookeeper,[...]

The parsing of this is relatively easy, but I have encountered a
problem in that the smb.conf parsing code only calls
registry_init_basic so my override code does not get called and it is
all to no avail. My override code is currently in registry_init_full,
and after the registry hooks are applied, then sorts through the list
supplied by the above and overrides any that it needs to.

However, things do not work as I intend because my code is not called
when the smb.conf is being processed, so nothing comes from zookeeper.

If registry_init_smbconf called registry_init_full, I think things
would work as I require but I wonder if doing that will break
anything?

Does anyone know?

--
Regards,