wrappers in the samba test environment.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 11 04:29:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-10 at 10:55 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> The wrappers do not work on really strange platforms like IRIX or
> something
> like that. So if you just build Samba it compile without the wrappers

Do we have tests that show if we are on a supported platform, and can
we rely on resolv_wrapper in make test?
That is, as you know, I'm interested in adding a test for
samba_dnsupdate.  For that I'll need a working resolv_wrapper.  Are we
going to try and still have make test run on platforms that can't
support resolv_wrapper, and if so, what should I be detecting that
with?
(Making the whole make test require resolv_wrapper appears to be more
work, sadly the inter-forest trust tests break with it enabled).
Thanks,
https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba