Query regarding patent on compounding of request

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Sun Apr 12 16:11:15 MDT 2015

On 04/10/2015 01:25 AM, anupam aggarwal wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a query regarding support of feature "Compounding of requests" in
> Samba.
> "Compounding of requests" is patented(
> http://www.google.com/patents/US8825885), will Samba be violating this
> patent?
>
> Regards,
> Anupam

When reading patents,
1) always use Googel's "Prior Art Finder"
2) consult a lawyer if you need a definitive answer.

IMHO, the core of this was well-known in the Multics era, variously as
versioningf and as a capabilities vector: that's where I learned about
it.  Other parts of the scheme may in fact be unique.

--dave