Proposal to remove zlib from the Samba tree.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jun 29 02:19:38 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 08:37 +0100, jelmer at samba.org wrote:
> I like the idea of removing it and always using the system zlib.
>
> Please make sure that the build farm hosts all have zlib installed in a way that Samba can use it.

It would be very useful to know what systems don't have (and can't
reasonably get) the needed version of zlib on them, to understand the
best approach here.

While zlib is 'only' needed for NDR_COMPRESSION, that is in turn used
for DRSUAPI, which is used in the source3 client as part of net rpc
samsync, so it isn't easily made an optional dependency.