change the default for "winbind expand groups" to "0"

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Thu Jul 24 05:25:36 MDT 2014

On 2014-07-24 at 09:30 +0200 Stefan (metze) Metzmacher sent off:
> here's a patch to make winbindd more reliable in environments
> with large and/or trusted domains.
>
> I'd like to see this included in 4.2.
>
> I'm sure there're a few open bug reports related to this,
> but I don't have a reference currently.

+1

that change might confuse some people as "getent group" and "id" will return
unexpected results for them but it will fix a lot of setups, also some
commercial Unixes that have lower limits in the size that nsswitch can return.
A verbose mentioning in the release notes should compensate the possible
confusions though :-)

Björn