master4-schannel-ok

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 13 15:53:48 MST 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-11 at 17:22 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> can you review the attached patches from my master4-schannel-ok
> branch.
>
> It seems that the use computer name in ServerAuthenticate must be at most
> 15 characters long.

My concerns are:
 - how does this (if at all) interact with the NTLMv2 computer name
check?
 - shouldn't we be stopping the netbios name being more than 15
characters earlier?
 - the hash isn't limited to ascii chars, is sending binary really a
great idea, if it ends up in a windows event log etc?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/