[Samba] how to enable Active Directory support building samba on AIX?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 28 12:15:18 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-28 at 08:09 +0100, Mike Noonan wrote:
> The is a problem with source3/wscript on AIX
> If you update as follows, it will properly detect ldap.
> 629,630c629,630
> <         conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_init ldap_init_fd ldap_initialize
> ldap_set_rebind_proc', 'ldap')
> <         conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_add_result_entry', 'ldap')
> ---
> >         conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_init ldap_init_fd ldap_initialize
> ldap_set_rebind_proc', 'ldap', headers='ldap.h lber.h')
> >         conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_add_result_entry', 'ldap',
> headers='ldap.h')
>

> Regards, Mike

Mike,

Could you format that change as a git commit, and send it in with
git-format-patch for me?

Christian,

Can you look into this and review/test it when it comes back, or do
likewise so we can get this into master?

It looks like a reasonable change, but I would rather someone with
experience on AIX vetted the change.

Thanks,