Provision issues due to ACL filesystem support

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Tue Feb 4 12:34:57 MST 2014

I am trying to provision samba4.14 on Fedora20 x64. I set the acl flags on
the / filesystem. libacl-devel is installed as well. The etc/fsstab
indicated the following:

UUID=67b155d6-b9d1-4b19-8315-5a5e5a73bb59 /                       ext4
user_xattr,acl,barrier=1        1 1

When I try to provision, I get the following message - like the filesystem
does not support the ACLs... What's the fix for it? The / filesystem is
ext4.

Looking up IPv4 addresses
Looking up IPv6 addresses
ldb: module schema_load initialization failed : No such object
ldb: module rootdse initialization failed : No such object
ldb: module samba_dsdb initialization failed : No such object
ldb: Unable to load modules for /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
samdb_connect failed
VFS connect failed!
ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): Provision failed -
ProvisioningError: Your filesystem or build does not support posix ACLs,
which s3fs requires.  Try the mounting the filesystem with the 'acl' option.
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py",
line 398, in run
    use_rfc2307=use_rfc2307, skip_sysvolacl=False)
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 2052, in provision
    raise ProvisioningError("Your filesystem or build does not support posix
ACLs, which s3fs requires.  Try the mounting the filesystem with the 'acl'
option.")

Maybe you've seen this issue before. I had no ACL issues on previous Fedora
builds with samba4 and my provisioning went just fine, but not this time. I
am running fedora in virtualbox. Thanks guys...