2 PDC + Time Sync (ntp) problem

Michał Półrolniczak michal.polrolniczak at warp.org.pl
Thu Dec 18 03:38:42 MST 2014

I added reverse DNS;
I added the broadcast for ntp
I remove any gpo related to Windows Time Client, because it should sync
with PDC as I readed on wiki.
Now is there a specific command line (like w32tm /monitor ) to check if
windows client sync with server and if it dose which one he use ?

using w32tm /resync give "The computer did not resync because no time
data was available "

I followed: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/929276/ didnt helped

Resynching to the domain controller via:
w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Windows got open port UDP 123 and the server too.

Using this:
w32tm /debug /enable /file:c:/temp/test.txt /entries:0-300 /size:10000
I was manage to capture this error:
Logging error: NtpClient has been configured to acquire time from one or
more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible
and no attempt to contact a source will be made for 1 minutes. NTPCLIENT
HAS NO SOURCE OF ACCURATE TIME.

Ntp client is trying to sync with melanippe (backup domain controler)
mayby the problem is that melanippe sync with arne, and arne use ntp.org
for sync ? (which is accurate?)