registry config not being updated on one of my clusters ... how do I troubleshoot this

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Dec 9 12:46:01 MST 2014

Hi Richard,

On 2014-12-09 at 11:21 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> I am trying to use registry-based configuration on two CTDB clusters.
>
> On one of then, the OCFS2 cluster everything works as expected. When I
> update a parameter on one node I can see it immediately on the other
> node by doing a 'net conf list' command.
>
> However, on the other cluster, even though ctdb status shows both
> nodes as up, nothing I do with net conf setparm on one node is visible
> on the other node.
>
> Where should I look to troubleshoot this?

- samba compiled with cluster support?
- samba's config with "clustering = yes"
- ctdbd socket in samba matching ctdbd's socket?

if that all is confirmed, it _should_ work.

- ctdb status prints a lot of useful information
- (onnode all) ctdb getdbmap shows the db's attached on the
  current/all nodes.
- ctdb cattdb registry.tdb cats the local copy of registry tdb on
  a node

let's see what you have this far.

Cheers - Michael