NetBios name change

Bogdan Bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Wed Apr 9 09:23:22 MDT 2014

As I mentioned, I've tried it and it does work. I can browse the shares with the netbios alias with windows. However, the alias does not work from linux. Probably the best idea is to have the alias point to the ip into the main dhcp server outside of samba 4. That works for sure. Hopefully they keep the directive in samba 4 and they realize it is necessary.
BlackPenguin.Org Admin | IT SERVICES
h. 1.403.266.1513 | c. 1.403.919.5699
admin at blackpenguin.org | http://www.blackpenguin.org/itservices