[URGENT] Samba 4.0.9 smbd slow.

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:29:36 MDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my third post on this matter with only one kind reply that sadly
> was not helpful. I need help with this problem or at least an official
> reply on samba 4 not being a production level server solution.
> I have installed samba 4.0.9 from sernet, server on centos 6.4 and after
> a couple of days I need to restart smbd as it starts to slow down A LOT
> share access. This happens time after time and I see nothing in the logs
> pointing to anythins usable.
> Security is local (no winbind), anything I can post you to help on this,
> just ask.

Hmmm, this is becoming of interest to me but I do not have time to
look at it for a while yet.

However, do you see the smbds consuming lots of CPU when this happens?

What does top show when this happens? How much memory are the smbds consuming?

When you say slows down share access, what is slowing down?

Authentication? Connecting to shares? Existing users who are already connected?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe