Primary GID based access when this GID is NOT part of resolved Windows security token

Burgess, Adam adam.burgess at hp.com
Thu Sep 19 14:28:49 CEST 2013

I don't mean to be confrontational.  If I thought I had a bug I would possibly do as you suggest.  Until I know the intended behaviour (ie the design) I cannot distinguish between bug and enhancement, nor where I would start looking as the best place for enhancement code.  Why would submitting suggested code get us any further?

What is "top post"?  Does that mean I should not reply to my own subject, asking again?  If so what should I do, just give up after a few weeks with no reply? These are honest questions and not meant to be confrontational.

My other option is to log a support call via Oracle I guess, and see if they have a procedure for moving such problems forward - perhaps I will try that but it will be a whole lot of effort there too.

Essentially I am contributing here!  I did spend many hours debugging to reach my conclusion and to present the findings.  I am pointing out there is an important and definite problem here.  I am not waiting nor expecting some fixes per se, just some discussion/acknowledgement etc.  If there is no audience then I will stop wasting time looking for replies.

I am really not sure how this process should work when there are no replies to the subject at all, that is all.

Adam