Subdomain support in the AD DC!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 6 05:55:28 CEST 2013

Just as a heads-up, another of the projects that is actively being
worked on (I'll update the wiki) is subdomain support.

My focus right now is to get 'make test' to have a parent/child domain
running.  Currently I can run 'SELFTEST_TESTENV=subdom_dc make testenv'
and the join passes, but the server itself won't run.  I'll continue to
work on this.

I mention this to give some hope that we will finish this feature, and
to encourage anybody interested in taking on the winbind part of the
puzzle (needed for passing on NTLM authentication between domains in
particular), to step forward.  (Otherwise I'll tackle that next,
hopefully during SDC).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT                   http://catalyst.net.nz