Draft for a new wiki front page - request for your comments

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Fri May 17 23:11:57 MDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <samba at marc-muehlfeld.de>wrote:

> Am 18.05.2013 00:07, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
>
>  I'm very pleased both to see an improvement to the front page, and
>> general interest in keeping our wiki in better shape.
>>
>> We also need to continue to clean up the remaining areas that still
>> reference Samba3 and Samba4, except in a historical context.
>>

> I already talked about that with Karolin, too. I'll start replacing during
> the next time samba3/4 names on the wiki with "samba" if it's not about a
> special version.
>
> I'll try to read a bit about wiki and styles, etc. Maybe there's a way to
> make everything a bit nicer and easier to read :-)
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Marc, I think it's great; it's clean and simple.

Ricky and I have been working on reigning in the AD howto and such
(firewalling, etc).  As luck would have it, my employer is interested in a
howto for Samba4, so I might be making more contributions in the upcoming
weeks.

That being said, I really do wonder how much traffic comes straight from
Google rather than the front page of the wiki.  I know I go straight to the
search bar when I land on the wiki.

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.