Samba4 AD SysVol Replication (HowTo + Script)

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Jul 24 00:44:56 MDT 2013

On Wednesday 24 July 2013 00:01:57 Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Marc,

> as it is often a question here on the lists and by many others on the
> internet, I wrote a new HowTo for setting up a SysVol replication
> "workaround", until Samba supports this feature by itself:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication
>
> For the replication process, I wrote a Bash script, put it on my
> webspace and linked it in the HowTo, which should describe everything.

have you looked at csync [1]? It is a bidirectional file synchronizer and can
keep two directories in sync. rsync can only sync in one direction. A new
version of csync should be released this week.

	-- andreas

[1] http://csync.org/

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org