rfc2307 and role of idmap.ldb

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 08:17:56 MDT 2013

On 17 July 2013 12:00, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

> Hi Géza hi everyone
> I know by testing that any user or group you add after provision can be
> safely removed from idmap.ldb if you have his rfc2307 entries in AD and
> you have idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes in smb.conf.

Hi Steve, I know that I am a normally Confused type of person but what you
wrote has got me even more confused[?]
I have added users & groups but not one of them appears in my idmap.ldb,
all I have is windows users & groups and all the machines joined to the
domain. should there be all the users etc that I have added?

Rowland