process shared robust mutexes for tdb

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Mon Jan 14 11:40:20 MST 2013

Code review comments:

open.c:tdb_close: You did a great job insulating the rest of the code from
the locks implementation, except here.  Can you tuck it away in mutex.c
also?

Are we still upkeeping the configure build?  If so what support is needed
for configure here.

-----
Concerns: On Solaris, the locking reliable mutex locking primatives speed
scales according to the number of reliable mutexes (More strictly I believe
the number of process shared mutexes, if I remember right.  But I'd need to
go re-read that code.)  Being able to enable/disable this on a database by
database basis will be needed for Solaris, or we could actually degrade
overall performance.  (Depending on the number of hash buckets... etc.)

Thanks,

-Ira