Problems setting up (fresh) Samba 4 installation

Mark Pilant lpilant at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 2 12:54:29 MST 2013

I've done some more digging and it appears none of the SRV records which
should be getting created are actually created.  I dumped out all of the
"named" information (rndc dumpdb -all) and there are no SRV records to be
found.

The system I'm trying to set up is a fresh RHEL 6.3 system where I have
just built and installed the Samba 4 code from the available tarball.  (The
build and install went fine.)  Following the HOWTO, it appears the shares
and authentication are working correctly.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Or, where I might look for additional
guidelines/examples?

Thanks in advance.

- Mark