The wisdom of having smbd_server_connection_terminate_ex print a level 10 debug

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:10:38 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

We are seeing smbd's terminate through
smbd_server_connection_terminate_ex, we believe (because we see server
initiated FINs.)

However, because of packet capture problems and the time it takes to
repro and the intermittent nature of these repros, we are not getting
enough info.

We would prefer that in this code:

void smbd_server_connection_terminate_ex(struct smbd_server_connection *sconn,
                                         const char *reason,
                                         const char *location)
{
        DEBUG(10,("smbd_server_connection_terminate_ex: reason[%s] at %s\n",
                  reason, location));
        exit_server_cleanly(reason);
}

the DEBUG is of lower level. While we can change it, it is a pain to
ship new stuff to customers given our process.

What would be even better is if there was something like
lp_server_exit_debug_override() and thus a parameter "server exit
debug override" that we can set so we can see these things under a
lower level of debugging.

Any thoughts.

--
Regards,