source4/smbtorture nbench has an annoying problem

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:03:31 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

Sometimes nbench runs stay stuck in the cleanup section until
eventually nbench dies. This leaves the testing dir around as well.

The reason for this problem is the following:

If the run ends after a create has happened but before a close has
been sent there is a file open on the server and nbench has an oplock.

When a delete is sent to clean up the test dir Samba sends oplock
breaks, but nothing is listening.

When a client transitions to the cleanup phase it should close all
open handles.

If I get some time this weekend I will try to add some code to fix this.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe