Samba3 > samba 4

Bryan Anderson shadow431 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:20:59 MDT 2012

So I have migrated my samba 3 tdb and conf files to a new instance of
samba4 (Version 4.1.0pre1-GIT-8287938) following the how to on the wiki.  I
have setup and added a WinXP and Win7 VM to the domain and authenticated
using existing credentials.   The problem is that a machine already added
to the Samba3 domain is not seeing the new Test DC.

I am new to samba and am not sure what additional information is needed.  I
can ping the realm, but not the workgroup name.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan Anderson