Samba4: Internal dns Failed to listen on 0.0.0.0:53

Bob Cavey wedgeshot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:42:43 MDT 2012

>>> Rowland
>>>

>>>  Hi Rowland
>> No. It contains the nameserver IP's and search domains as expected.
>> What I really need to do is stop being lazy, get rid of NetworkManager
>> and do this properly. Any advice/guidelines most welcome. I'm a Ubuntu
>> newbie.
>> Cheers,
>> Steve
>>

>>  Hi Steve, have a look here: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/**
> howto-ubuntu-linux-convert-**dhcp-network-configuration-to-**
> static-ip-configuration.html<http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-ubuntu-linux-convert-dhcp-network-configuration-to-static-ip-configuration.html>

Steve,

apt-get remove network-manager

rm /etc/resolv.conf ( should be a link.. resovleconf is installed by
default on 12.04 LTS )

vi /etc/resolv.conf and put in your correct information.

Then refer the article Rowland posted about editing /etc/network/interfaces.

You can add dns-nameservers to /etc/network/interfaces also. look at the
man pages for info.

 - Bob