Constant time ObjectClass handling

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 25 18:54:42 MDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 23:42 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> in my personal "master" branch you can find the necessary changes ready
> for review. Also the "dn" branch has been finished as well.

Matthias,

I really like your patch to do some constant-time objectclass handling.
I'm wondering if you could extend this work, so we always and only use
the constant time path?

I've tried, but your tests in ldap.py are just too good!  As this is
your area, I wondered if you might be able to do a better job than I
managed?

The difficulty seems to be that we need to give the right error code
while sorting the list - previously we sorted it twice, once in
get_last_structural_objectclass, and then in objectclass_sort().

Otherwise, we might have to keep the current code, but it would be good
to at least switch the 'descriptor' uses across to the constant-time
function.

Anyway, attached is my attempted patch, and a patch to ldap.py to get
out a bit more error information, in case it helps.

Thanks,