Is there any sample Python scripts that create Security Descriptors?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Mar 24 17:29:24 MDT 2012

Am 25/03/12 00:24, schrieb Richard Sharpe:
> 2012/3/7 Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>:
>> You can look at provision code which creates Security descriptors from SDDL in
>>  source4/scripting/python/samba/provision/
>>
>> For file ACLs, you can check
>>  source4/scripting/python/samba/netcmd/ntacl.py
>>
>> And misc SD utilities
>>  source4/scripting/python/samba/sd_utils.py
>>
>> Python interface for SD is provided by samba.dcerpc.security module.
>> You can get python documentation on these modules using pydoc.
>>
>> PYTHONPATH=<samba-dir>/bin/python pydoc samba.dcerpc.security
> OK, that has been very useful.
>
> If I write my own python tests (as a class, presumably) how do I get
> access to all the existing classes?
>
> Do I run it as: PYTHONPATH=<samba-dir>/bin/python python my-test-set.py
You want pydoc rather than python to view the documentation.

The documentation is viewed by specifying the python path to the object
you want to view the documentation of. The build system makes sure that
all python modules are installed in our standard python path, in
<samba-dir>/bin/python.

Roughly speaking, bin/python/samba/foo.py will translate to the python
module path "samba.foo". E.g. to view the docs for
bin/python/samba/my_test_set.py, run:

PYTHONPATH=<samba-dir>/bin/python pydoc samba.my_test_set

Of course, to be able to do this, your tests need to be installed into
bin/python by the build system. Most plain python files are linked from
source4/scripting/python/... (this would apply to your tests) The
compiled extensions (.so files) live all over the tree.

Cheers,

Jelmer