Questions about smb.conf parameters and variables

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Jun 20 05:24:10 MDT 2012

Hello,

in my test environment my log is filled with several "Unknown parameter
encountered" messages. Is there already a list, which parameters are gone/new
in s4? But some of the parameters, samba complains, are still used by the smbd
process for s3fs, I guess, right (like "guest ok" or "writeable")?

Also a question about the logs: In my s3 live environment I used
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
to have per-machine-logfiles what makes the logs very clearly. But variables
seem not be supportet (yet) in s4. What are the new thoughts to have clear
logfiles for easily finding problems (e.g. for one special machine) in samba4?

Regards,
Marc