Updated patches for exchange setup support

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Jun 13 13:06:03 MDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 11:42 AM, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> very impressive work. I hope that the magic number of 120 sec for
> schema refresh has been choosen correctly. If there is no precise
> Windows Server specification rule then it should work out for us.

Well Windows server use 150 seconds roughly. I will had a comment to
explain why I used this magic value, basically any value is good the
bigger it is the longer it takes for your schema changes to take effect,
the smaller the more likely you are about to pay extra cost when doing
heavy schema modification.

> Some little proposals:
>
> Commit 24d4d45950b9e2 source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/repl_meta_data.c:
>> +       if (!ldb_dn_compare_base(ac->schema->base_dn,
>> req->op.add.message->dn)) {
> I would prefer the syntax != / == 0.
>
> Commit  bb8e87c source4/dsdb/repl/replicated_objects.c:
>> +               if (ret == LDB_SUCCESS) {
>> +                       talloc_free(msg);
>> +                       talloc_free(req);
>> +                       ret = ldb_transaction_commit(ldb);
>> +               } else {
>> +                       DEBUG(0, ("Schema update now failed: %s\n",
>> ldb_strerror(ret)));
>> +                       ldb_transaction_cancel(ldb);
>> +               }
>> +
>> +               talloc_free(msg);
>> +               talloc_free(req);
>> +               if (ret != LDB_SUCCESS) {
>> +                       DEBUG(0, ("Commit failed: %s\n",
>> ldb_strerror(ret)));
>> +                       return WERR_DS_INTERNAL_FAILURE;
> talloc_free(msg), talloc_free(req) should not be invoked twice.
Oups, good catch !

> Thanks,
> Matthias

Thanks.