Problems with Samba 4 Beta 1 and a possible bug that was previously reported

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:36:12 MDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 03:12 AM, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 12:57 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> We will need many more details on both issues before we can go.
>> further. Perhaps we can start by how 'samba 20 ate my installations',
>> and what exactly you did after that. Thanks, Andrew Bartlett
> From the Samba server:
> failed gss_inquire_cred: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure.
> Minor code may provide more information, Minor = Success.
> gss-api source name (accept) is MACHINE_NAME$@DOMAIN.ORG
> process_gsstkey(): dns_tsigerror_noerror
>

> Attempting to get further information, I have moved the profiles out of
> profiles and tried logging in with no success. I still haven't been able
> to figure out the read only problem nor with Firefox start-up.
>
> Thank you for any help,
> Trever
Sorry, I included the wrong lines from bind. I didn't read it correctly.
It appears that almost all transactions give the unspecified error with
dns_tsigerror_noerror. That doesn't seem right, but it happens even with
successful samba registering the DC itself (samba dns update script from
S4).

However, I am seeing the following log on ANY no "nsupdate -g" updates
from any other system (net ads dns register):

client 10.0.0.21#44821: updating zone 'DOMAIN/NONE': update
unsuccessful: host.DOMAIN/A: 'RRset exists (value dependent)'
prerequisite not satisfied (NXRRSET)

This happens if there is such an entry. It happens if the entry has been
deleted. It happens if the NEVER existed.

Again, I am using bind 9.9. Is this one of the weirdness problems that
was mentioned?

Trever