Samba 4 insufficientAccessRights when modifying Configuration

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 27 18:55:23 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 09:20 -0400, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> Sorry - I should have been clear.  I'm running as "Administrator" which
> is a member of the Enterprise Admins (and also Schema Admins, just in case).

If this is all being run as the same user, then the next step is to get
a network trace of the operations, and see if we can figure out how the
installer's operations differ from the MMC operations.

This will let us know if we can find a way the (presumably) subtly
different operations take different code paths.