[patch] add OU management and new GPO commands in samba-tool

denis bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Wed Jul 4 06:51:45 MDT 2012

Le 03/07/2012 07:25, Amitay Isaacs a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM, denis bonnenfant
> <denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org> wrote:
>> Hi amitay,
>>
>> Le 02/07/2012 02:23, Amitay Isaacs a écrit :
>>> Hi Denis,
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM, denis <denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org>
>>> wrote:
>>> Can you send me the reorganized patches for GPO and OU patch? Thanks.
>>> Amitay.
>>
>> I reorganized the patches, changing
>> samba-tool gpo listalllinks <gpo>
>> samba-tool gpo listcontainers <gpo>
>>
>> I removed the acl setting in gpo create, as it is not useful ans doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> Unfortunately, i can't find the time to add some tests. maybe later ?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Denis
> Hi Denis,
>
> Thanks for the patches. I have split them into smaller chunks and
> pushed them to master. Made a few minor fixes to GPO patches.
Ok, thanks a lot !
> I have not added OU patch. Trying to think of a way to simplify the
> options rather than specifying complete DNs as arguments for OU
> subcommands.
Unfortunately, it will be difficult, as multiples OUs can have the same
name, but be located in differents DNs. So the complete dn is needed for
all ou operations. Worse, the base domain dn is a valid place for users,
groups...

Initially I thought about something like

samba-tool move <user_name|group_name> <new_ou_dn>
                               <old_dn> <new_dn>

It will not be a real simplification, but may be helpful for scripting,
as only the short names are needed for users and groups.

regards,

Denis