smbd panic after per-thread UID handling changes

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jul 1 02:16:43 MDT 2012

On 01/07/12 07:49, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 22:14 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 02:47:46PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>>>
>>> Steve,
>>>
>>> Can you please eliminate local variables by running this in the root of
>>> your git repo (this will wipe local changes):
>>>
>>> git checkout .
>>> git clean -x -f -d
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Also once you've done this can you give me some
>> feedback on what system you're running this on ?
Hi Jeremy, Andrew, everyone.
This is on Linux, openSUSE 12.1:
  uname -r
3.1.10-1.9-desktop

samba --version
Version 4.0.0beta3-GIT-8150f69

rpm -q gcc
gcc-4.6-15.1.3.i586

>> If it fails again, after you've done what Andrew
>> suggested,

Failed again:
smbclient //hh1/home -Usteve2
Enter steve2's password:
Domain=[MARINA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.0.0beta3-GIT-8150f69]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

with the same error:
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Failed to set uid privileges to (-1,3000008)
now set to (50888,50888)
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: PANIC (pid 24328): failed to set uid

clean the tree again :

>> git clean -x -f -d
>>
>> then do a waf reconfigure as root -
>> amd mail me the contents of the bin/config.log file

./buildtools/bin/waf reconfigure
File too big to mail. Here is a link to it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/config.log
Thanks

@Jeremy: Could you send me a git command I could use to go back to a
checkout before the new uid stuff was added?

Cheers,
Steve