[PARTIAL SOLUTION] Re: ldb: unable to stat module ${PREFIX}/modules/ldb : No such file or directory ???

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:26:24 MST 2012

On 01/18/2012 11:04 AM, Trever Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Charles Tryon <charles.tryon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm actually running on a fc13, i686 platform.  My other systems, which are
>> NOT seeing this error, are fc16/x86_64 (provisioned from scratch) another
>> f13 system (using the S3/S4 migration tool) and a CentOS 6.2 64bit system
>> (not doing anything yet).  I've manually downloaded the bind9.8 sources on
>> the CentOS system and manually installed them instead of the default 9.7
>> version in the distro.
>>
>> The only thing I can see different is that the broken system is the only one
>> running with Bind9.7 flatfiles.
> All of mine are the same. The systems cannot be re-provisioned easily.
> I am using flat-files but bind 9.8. I would love to be using dlz, I
> just haven't seen any official instructions on how to change over.
>
> Upgrade provision fails horribly for me (same ldb prefix message).
>
> Thank you,
> Trever

git reset --hard 7d83d379ad2424dfd88cbfbab1b7dbae06b23bd1
./configure.developer
make
make install
cd /usr/local/samba/sbin
./upgradeprovision --full --resetfileacl

Remaining problems:
The file ${PREFIX}/share/setup/named.conf.dlz is not being setup and
moved to ${PREFIX}/private. (Upgrade provision should fix this.)

When I change the dns configuration, I then get: samba_dlz: Unable to
get basedn for /usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb - NULL Base DN
invalid for a base search

Upgrade provision complains about two missing objects no matter how many
times I run it. I am guessing that these are the problems. (Upgrade
provision should fix these as well.)

My guess is if I can fix these remaining problems, that I could then do
a git pull and install the latest version.

Thanks for any help,
Trever