dhcp server with samba4 internal dns configuration

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Dec 19 08:53:19 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 14:44 +0100, Daniele Dario wrote:
> Hi samba list,
> I found this link
> http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/ which spokes about a way to set up isc-dhcpd to perform ddns updates through bind or MS dns.
> Is there someone in the list who can answer these questions please?

I'm looking down the barrel of much the same issue.  We have Samba 4
with internal DNS, and workstation name registration works, but we need
to register other names and we really need to capture the name
registration events for other purposes [for one thing, maintaining a
reverse lookup].

Generally I don't like the small of the content at the above link, it
seems terribly hackish.  And what happens when the Kerberos ticket
expires?

Anyway, if you turn anything up please post back to this tread, and if I
find anything I'll do the same.

As an aside we have previously used WINS Hook for this purpose, but that
is inoperable in Samba 4.
  <https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2012-December/170572.html>

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383