Samba 4 beta8 PANIC: internal error

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Aug 28 23:32:56 MDT 2012

On 29/08/12 00:21, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 20:54 +0200, steve wrote:

>>> """
>>> If it still faults, please run under gdb (gdb --args samba -i -M single)
>>> and get me a backtrace (bt full).
>>> """
>>>
>> Hi Michael
>> Thanks
>>
>> OK, I tried that:
>>    gdb --args samba -i -M single
>> GNU gdb (GDB) SUSE (7.4.50.20120603-2.1.2)
>> Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
>> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
>> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
>> and "show warranty" for details.
>> This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
>> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
>> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba...done.
>> (gdb) bt full
>> No stack.
>> (gdb)
>
> I'm sorry, I was overly brief with the steps I gave.  When running a
> binary under gdb, to start it type 'run'.  Then when it crashes or
> aborts, type 'bt full'.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hi Andrew.
Ok
I no longer have the replicating DC setup so I do not get the PANIC
error message any longer. I am now working on a single DC which was
working with the beta6 and beta7 git releases but which now fails with a
talloc error. Neither does it create arcfour keys when I create a new
spn and export the keytab.

I'll start another thread.
Cheers,
Steve