s3fs and group policy acls (was: Re: Releasing Samba 4.0 RC1?)

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Mon Aug 13 02:36:22 MDT 2012

Hi Ricky,
> Geza, make sure you have the right mount options in fstab and also the
> right headers for ACL's I had a similar problem initially, but once I
> got those fixed up, all went well. See the samba4 howto wiki for more
> info on this.
>
> Good luck,
> Ricky

Thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid that doesn't help me (I'we chose
xfs as the file system for the partition holding /usr/local/samba
especially to avoid acl related problems on sysvol) and I'm able to set
some ACLs from windows, but if I try to make some policies applicable to
Domain Admins as well it complains about inability to set access rights
(a device connected doesn't work) on the folder containing the policy
({...}).

BTW. my attempt to use ntvfs wasn't successful either, it seems that it
doesn't understand at all the acls set by s3fs.

Cheers

Geza