winbind_krb5_locator bug when the Domain Controller has multiple network IPs (smb3.5.8)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Apr 24 09:45:44 MDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:07:49PM +0100, Dina_Fine at Dell.com wrote:
> I am not sure anymore about the IPv6/IPv4. Also without the locator I see only the IPv4 addresses and I see only those addresses on wire sniffing.
> So perhaps it was a false alarm.

Yeah, I didn't see anything that restricted
the list to IPv4-only.

> I am attaching the patch I have applied which is based on yours plus the fix for "#ifdef" mentioned below and also I added the debug messages for returned addresses which help to see what exactly the Kerberos gets from the locator.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Thanks for tidying up my patch :-). I checked it compiled
(and was pretty sure about the logic :-) I didn't have
time to check it worked :-).

So you're happy with this ? If so I'll raise a bug and
get it into the next official 3.5.x, 3.6.x releases.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.