samba4 migration problems

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Apr 19 06:06:58 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 12:37 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 19.04.2012 10:15, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> > Thanks, sorry about the bad patch.  The corrected patch is in master
> > now, as is the patch I meant to send you (mixed you up with the other
> > samba3upgrade user I was dealing with today).  Let me know if current
> > master fixes this.
>
> I pulled the latest git version. This works around the groups with well-known
> SIDs, but crashes in the end:
>
> http://pastebin.com/2PEHa9ia

Thanks.  That's my fault, I'll fix it shortly.

> Also I saw lines like
>  > Skipping wellknown rid=149 (for username=vm-02$)
>  > ...
>  > Skipping wellknown rid=150 (for username=test_member$)
> for my machine accounts. How can I check if everything was migrated?

You have allocated SIDS with RID values from the 'well known' range (<
1000).  This is broken, and much be corrected before importing into
Samba4, as these RIDs belong to special objects in Active Directory.

As long as your machines do not own files, changing the SID should be
mostly harmless.